Canine Training Partners
At NICST, we lovingly refer to our fosters as “Canine Training Partners (CTP’s)” because these essential volunteers are helping us train dogs to create partnerships that save lives. After a day of training at the Nylabone Training Center, our dogs are welcomed into the caring homes of our CTP’s to ensure that our dogs receive the happiest, healthiest, and most social life possible.
We accept dogs into our training program as CTP homes become available. These generous individuals are directly helping us save lives in our community, as we’re able to train more dogs and serve more clients with CTP’s!
Benefits of our CTP Program
- Receive dog training from the best! Our CTP’s attend regular trainings to learn obedience and socialization techniques. It is fun learning to bond with our dogs and teaching them the skills they’ll need in their life-saving partnerships.
- The love of a dog and the NICST community! Our sweet and snuggly dogs provide adventure, laughs, and fun to those in their care. And when you become a CTP, you join a big, warm community that is helping our community move from surviving to thriving.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Live in the vicinity of Concord, CA. You will be attending our fun and educational training sessions with the dog in your care. You willYou willYou will also be driving the dog to and from our training center at least four times on weekdays.
- Live in a smoke-free environment. A dog’s sense of smell is greatly reduced by smoke. This includes marajuana smoking or vaping of any kind.
- If you are training a dog for D4D, you will have to live in a non-diabetic home.
- Physically able and willing to handle a large breed dog. We welcome CTP’s who have absolutely no experience training dogs, because we will help if you are able and willing. NICST also provides food, vet care, medications, equipment and even dog toys! You can focus on training, playing and socializing.
- Ready to have some fun? Get ready for the best temporary roommate ever.
3 STEPS TO BECOME A CTP
- Application: Fill out an application today!
- Interview: Once we’ve reviewed your application, we will invite you in for an interview.
- Home-visit: Helping you get set up in your home to make a welcome space and easy transition for our dog.
Connect with one of our Canine Training Partners team members. Email ctp@Dogs4Diabetics.com or visit us to learn more about our program, meet some of the staff, and visit with the dogs.